The morning Routine that has Changed my Life…
The morning routine that changed my life. I know pretty dramatic huh. Seriously though, this holistic morning routine is something I found that just worked for me. When I recruited my younger sister to try this out; I realized this may be something that can really help women. Recruiting my family in my experiments ensures that I get honest feedback. In case you are wondering, don’t worry I pay them with hugs. So here we go, I’m going to tell you what I’ve been doing.
My morning routine:
- Wake up at 5:30 am every day, even on the weekends. This is when the house is quiet and everyone is asleep.
- Make a cup of coffee with almond creamer and sit at the dining room table. Now for the super important part! – I sit without my phone, my mail, or anything that will distract me. It’s just me, the table, and my thoughts.
- Breathe, enjoy my coffee, clear my thoughts, and sit until my coffee is done (usually takes no more than 15 minutes)
- The life-changing part? The moment I finish my coffee and get up; I already feel like I’ve had a good day but my day is only beginning!
- I grab my phone, get dressed, get ready for the gym or work (depending on the day).
- Check my emails, make my phone calls, etc. etc., and I feel refreshed.
- I couldn’t believe how much I could get done before 12 o’clock. This has changed the way I approach every day with more positivity and productivity.
- Ok so now for the second half of my day. Also the really super cool life-changing part. Because I did everything earlier in the day; I am more present for my son and husband when they are home! I’m not thinking about what I need to do tomorrow because I already put it in my calendar!
- The only thing I have energy left for is to listen to my son and all of his high school adventures. Also, my husband loves telling me about his day. I can be present with my family and tell them how much I love them, how proud I am, and of course, all the things that also happened in my day.
If I had to do all of the tasks after work or at the end of the day, I would be too tired or unmotivated to do it all. I know this for a fact because it’s the way I’ve always done things. I hit the snooze button a million times, rush out of bed, make myself the fastest breakfast and probably forget to get my lunch because I’m half asleep and trying not to be late for work.
Holistic Morning Routine
We do the best we can in our lives as women and mothers. When you find something you want to share with your best friend, well then you know you might just be onto something. See this is my goal, to experiment and do all the trial and error so I can bring you what I think works. If I would share it with my sister or my bestie than I will share it with you. Also, I’ve discovered if I go straight to the gym AFTER work instead of going home; I am almost guaranteed to fit in my workout. I swear the couch talks to me when I get home and says, “Hey baby, I’ve been waiting for you allll day”.
If you liked this post you may like: Food for the Soul
Sending you love, light, peace, and prayer...